Friday, November 16, 2012

Busted!

I got busted big time today. A couple of weeks ago mom decided to try and put up a Christmas Tree. Dad said they haven’t had a tree up since 1999. That’s because Uncle Opie broke a couple of the bottom branches and mom had to wire them up. That’s the year that the day after Christmas the tree came down. Opie was always climbing to the top of the tree and batting ornaments ‘til they fell. They tried a test run a couple of weeks ago. Of course I was VERY interested in what ma was doing. I waited until the tree was up and her back was turned. Hey! Who knew tree climbing was so much fun? Anyways that lasted for a day until they got wise to me and shortened the tree up and put it on a table that I can’t jump on. Drat!
Until….. Today mom was working in the kitchen doing the dishes, and I figured a way to get on top of the table. She thought she heard a weird noise and went to investigate. Shhh…. I hid in the tree and watched her walk around looking for me. Just as she left the room I made a BIG mistake and a couple of glass ornaments touched and made noise. Man I was so BUSTED. It took her a few minutes, but she figured out that I was jumping on the top of the litter genie and lofting myself over to the table. Needless to say she moved the litter genie. Now if I could get her to stop clipping my nails I might have a chance to climb the drapes and try jumping into the tree. Hmmmm something to think about. We are going camping for Thankgiving next week..... just maybe I will grow enough that I can jump high enough to get on the table when we get home.

Later,
Oscar The Naughty Kat

P.S. Who is this “Sandy Paws” dude? Mom said I better straighten up or he’s not bringing me any Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment